Monday, February 22, 2016

WEEK 35: #DISTRITOMASCHIDO O The coolest district!



At the temple last week



Here you see more of the temple
I love our district!
Travelling by bus

Our Wonderful District again!






Hola Familia!
Les amo :) :) :) :) :)

Today went and played futbol with all the missionaries (casi hna jones and a few others couldn't make it) de Ixtapaluca. It was so fun :).
I surprised all the elders by actually playing soccer with them instead of just standing on the field and screaming when the ball came my way. I may not have a lot of skill-talent-practice but I play with GANAS! Plus I win with trampa. With some of the elders I literally just have to charge them and they back off the ball.  Haha, well that's only 2 of them-- the rest play well but Elder Lopez es tan chiquito! He is one of the best players and is super fast but super short and when I go up against him I feel like a giant! he plays well, but he always comes out of it "No manches Hna Lambert--me da miedo" 

I think it is a cultural thing because the American elders were like, "Whats the big deal? It is a girl playing soccer? she doesn't even play that well!" and all the latinos were like "ESO HERMANA! JUEGA ASI!!!!!!!!" The girls here just don't play sports, like at all, ever. When latinos High-5 a sister they do it softly because they are afraid to hurt us. When we shake hands they do the dead fish thing because they are afraid they are going to crush our hands.  Plus, I may not be in great shape but I can still run and I don't know why but the other sisters don't seem to be able to.

I am super tired and I have to go pack because I am going to go spend a day and a half with Jones and Carraso up in Monte corona! WHOOO I'm going to the mountain. so I will write more later but I love you guys and JOSEPH I AM STILL WAITING FOR MY LETTER ITS BEEN 8 MONTHS!


Hna Lambert

No comments:

Post a Comment