Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Week 47: Fish Bellybuttons?


fish bellybuttons?
Hey guys I love you :)
 My new area is super awesome I love it! this week we found 11 new people to teach and we put fecha with 3 people the elders were already teaching. We have found some really nice open people here that could really go far. Now we just have to get them to church. I got sun burned where I forgot to put sun screen and super tan where I did put it. I feel like I can see my native american ancestry coming out :)

I feel like some of my favorite p-day activities include walking slowly, sitting down, and being able to lie on my bed and leisurely eat a banana--or being able to take the time to go buy ice cream if I want. You know, the simple things. life is just so go, go, GO! as a missionary sometimes. I feel like especially in this area there is always lots to do and we are always rushing to do it.

On a side note, we ate fish bellybuttons this week. Now I know what you are thinking ¨But Lydia fish don't have bellybuttons¨ That's what I thought but apparently in the fish called la lissa there are belly buttons on the inside of the fish so yah. It is not something I would eat again but I had to try it at least once.

You guys said I should tell you more stories about my teaching experiences but I don't really know what to say. We taught some really cool people this week but when I tried to write about it in my journal it just sounded stupid. :(

Also on skype you asked me what you guys should do to prepare the future missionaries back home and I said study Preach My Gospel. I think the best place to start would be in the 3 main lessons we teach. Just knowing really well the basics and where the scriptures are that correlate. Practice teaching each other in fhe. You wouldn't believe how many missionaries didn't know how Joseph Smith got the priesthood till the MTC. Another good place to study is chapter 6 attributes of Jesus Christ studying and working on anyone of those is sure to help. I love you guys :)

Hna Lambert

No comments:

Post a Comment