Sunday, January 17, 2016

Week 32: IZTAPALUCA!!! aka A Whole New World!




Here we go to....


Carrill del gato--We walk all the way down this at least once every day.
Me near our house and walking next to our water source
We're not in Mexico City anymore!
Me on our street
The road leading to our house
The Hermanas of Izapaluca
Here we go!  The new Iztapaluca zones!
Front and Center!  Getting ready!
New Compa?
Us with the Wonderful Sis. Stutznegger

Add caption

Well Iztapaluca is VERY DIFFERENT! More different than I could have imagined. Here I can see the stars, I live next to a field of leafy greens that looks suspiciously like kale but not quite.  The dogs are nuestras compas and they guard us in the street. There are horses, sheep, we walk by and see people skinning bunnies.   I get the drinking water from a man made riverish thing that runs in front of my door (a little worried about that). Here it is freaking freezing! I have to use 5 blankets at night. When I get dressed for the day I put on tights, then basketball shorts, then a slip, then a skirt, then sometimes another skirt, then 2 shirts, a sweater, a jacket, a scarf, my name tag and I am good to go! I am going to have to buy more warm clothes because I can wear all those clothes in my closet in just 3 days applying this method. 

My area is huge, HUGE but it is not that hard to learn because it isn't that there are so many streets--it is just that everything is so far apart. I did get landed in the area of Izatapaluca that historically has the least success but history, shmistory, I'm going to change this area around!  Well I love you guys! I hope to hear from more of you next week.

One more funny story before I go. The other day Hna Martinez (de Chihuahua) and the familia Castillo were trying to convince us that it doesn't rain in Chihuahua (aka the desert) because there are no plants there. I got a good laugh out of that one but even the girl who had gone to college for marine biology was supporting this theory!

Hasta luego! De su misionera en el campo<3

No comments:

Post a Comment