Monday, July 13, 2015

Week 6: 6,000 Tacos


District Selfie

P-day music video

Such color coordination!

Caught in the rain




Hola,

I spent most of my time writing people back since I got to call my family this week. If I didn't write you back I'm sorry but know I really love all the letters I get and I will try to write you back soon.


This week I was in the hospital for "appendicitis" but turns out in was just a bad gut infection of some sort. When we were checking out of the hospital my companion asked me how much I thought the bill was. I protested that I couldn’t guess.  I don't have any point of reference! I have never been in a hospital before. Then Hermana Stuz (the president’s wife) told me to guess in tacos. I immediately said 6,000 tacos. A taco costs 3 pesos, my comp quickly did the math and yes 18,000 is exactly how much our bill was. I guess my stomach knows how much a hospital should cost...


Earlier this week we had Zone conference (that’s where all the missionaries in our area meet with the president) and it was AMAZING! There was one part where the President was telling us that angels walk with us preparing those we will meet and talk to but also guiding us and helping. I felt so strongly I could almost see it the presence of my brother Moses sitting next to me on that pew. I know that as I walk these streets he walks them with me. I thought wow I am going to serve one mission but if Moses serves with all of us he is going to serve 6 or so missions. 


I love my family I am so grateful for all the love and support I get from you. There are so many examples in the scriptures of people remembering the teachings of their parents and it changing their lives (Enos, Alma the younger etc...) I feel like that everyday but it is not just my parents it is also my awesome Sunday school teachers (cough*cough* Millers) and Grandparents and young women's leaders. I have had such wonderful influences in my life :) Thank you!


Oh I almost forgot. Prez told me that I am going to be a trainer in 2 weeks. AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhh (that’s the sound of my anxiety). She will probably be American so I really have to work on my Spanish before she gets here. 


Love you all, 
Hermana Lambert


No comments:

Post a Comment