Sunday, September 27, 2015

Week 16: Faith



Hola familia,

         As a missionary I think about faith a lot. Do I have enough faith? Do my investigators have faith? How can I grow their faith? How can I grow my own. Also recently we have been talking a lot about specific prayers. For example my district leader and his comp said a prayer in the that they would find a family all dressed in blue that day. Well lo and behold because of series of events they ended up walking in a street they don't normally take and around the corner comes Mom, Dad, and several kids all dressed in blue. They contacted them and passed their reference to the missionaries who live near them. There are just so many stories like that. I believe that Heavenly father really can answer specific prayers but I don't like testing God like that and maybe part of it is that I don't see an answer to my prayer it was because I did not have enough faith. But if I am having this whole debate and I don't even have enough faith to ask then I need to grow my testimony in the first place-. Don't get me wrong I'm not having a crisis of faith or loosing my testimony. I just want more faith. I was reading in Jacob 4:6 and it says basically that as we study the scriptures we will receive revelation and the spirit of prophecy and so when we have these 2 testimonies combined with the testimonies of the prophets our faith will become unbreakable even that we will be able to command the trees and mountains in the name of Jesus Christ and they will move. I want faith like that and now I know how to get it :)
        I have so many funny experiences but I don't know if they will be funny if i type them. I am a better storyteller than story writer. But Ill give it a try I was walking down the street and we see this tiny old lady and she is really old (we found out later she was 92 or something) and she can barely walk. She is just leaning and grabbing on to the wall shuffling along. Hna Viallobos and I went over to her and asked if she needed help and she told us that she was walking home and that she thought that she lived just up the street. We each took a hand and started to help her walk. Hna Villalobos told her it was dangerous in the street and that she should stay inside. She told us she knew and that she had escaped from her house to go for a walk. That her family didn't know she was gone. We took about 15 min to walk 20 feet, I have never seen anyone go so slow. Hna Villobos eventually went down and started knocking doors because this lady wasn't sure where she lived and at one door she knocked and this deep loud scary man voice bellowed "QUIEN!" "hola" "QUIEN!" "buenas tardes" when he opened the door she said " Disculpe, pues ella vive aqui?" and pointed down the road to where I was walking with Maria de Jesus Laura and he shouts "MAMA!!! QUE ESTAS HACIENDO!" He tried to explain he thought she was in her room ect. WE actually came back and taught them later so we will see how that goes. But just picture us.  Sister missionaries trying to help this super old tiny lady walk as she tells us about what a rebel she is because she escaped from her house and ran away for a walk.
well I am out of time. love you lots :)

Hna Lambert

No comments:

Post a Comment