Sunday, June 7, 2015

Week 2: On My Way to Mexico!!! 6/6/15

Week 2: On My Way to Mexico!!!

At the Temple

Hola Familia! (y otros)

This week was even crazier than the last. I spent about 5 hours last night in the ER, not for me though. My companion dislocated her pinky because an elder kicked a basketball at her and the doctors thought she had a fracture as well but turns out not. Her English is pretty good but it definitely deteriorated last night due to pain, nervousness, and having never been in a hospital before except with seriously ill family members.  After several x-rays and long naps we got back to the MTC at about 11:40. It was certainly an adventure. Then this morning we had to go back to urgent care for a check-up visit and to get her medication. 

On Tuesday of this week I went up to Salt Lake to go to the Mexican consulate to get my visa *whoop whoop*!  However, we got lost on the way there... after we realized that we really had no idea where we were, we decided to go into the next building and ask for directions. The next building just happened to be a Mexican Grill... I have never felt more racist in my life. Looking as white as they get we walked in asked where the Mexican consulate was. Having received directions we head out and the rest of the day went off without a hitch. I had never seen poverty in Utah before, but where we were walking in SLC was not a good area.  There were a bunch of homeless people, some drunk guys started yelling at us, and one of the Elders gave his lunch away to a guy who looked like an emancipated skeleton with scabs all over his face. It was pretty scary sometimes, but I was glad we had the Elder with us.

Earlier this week Elder D. Todd Christofferson came and gave a devotional and it was broadcasted to all the MTCs in the world. I was in the Choir and it panned right over me so basically now I am MTC famous. The song we sang was the most beautiful arrangement of I Feel My Savior’s Love. The Choir director is so great, he tells so many great stories from his life and tries to get us to make the lyrics personal to us.

I love the scriptures so much! I keep reading 2 Nephi 31 and 32 over and over again. Same with 2 Nephi 2 which I read the day I got to visit the temple (very fortuitous). The scriptures are just so wonderful I want to have them all memorized. I am traveling tomorrow, I am leaving the MTC at 3:30 in the morning. Mom, I get to call you from the airport so I got a calling card thing from the bookstore. :) I can’t wait to hear your voices! 
Thank you Rachel for sending me that Dear Elder Letter, I was actually thinking of you just earlier that day. I loved it, it was funny, inspiring, and sounded just like you :) Thank you Grandma Christie for your wonderful letter it was very uplifting and brought a spot of sunshine to my day. My district is so jealous of all the packages and letters I get. The packages were mostly cloths I forgot at home (thanks Grandma!), or rain boots, or skirts we ordered on line before I left but I did get one beautiful thoughtful package from the Schwarzers. It was the most adorable journal with all these cute scrap booking things all wrapped up in the sweetest paper :) :) :) :)

Thanks guys I am really feeling all the love. I also got Mary’s, Tabitha’s, and Mom's letters this week. I loved the poem you wrote me Tabitha, I have it memorized. 
Lydia is a delight
She is like the sun so bright
Even though she has some height
In my heart she's still wrapped tight

I love hearing from all of you your letters make me laugh and smile, till next week.
Hermana Lambert :)

No comments:

Post a Comment