Friday, November 6, 2015

Week 22: 5 %

We celebrate Day of the Dead

Hermana Sic showing some local color

And it Glows!


Well you know how last week we had 0 progressing investigators? Well we still don't have any, but we have 11 promising nuevos!! It has been amazing. My comp and I have the lowest acceptance rate in our district (5%) so we are trying to examine how we are contacting to see if we can work on that...

I went to the temple today (thats why I am writing martes (Wednesday) instead of lunes (Monday)) it was fantastic, but once again I don't have a lot of time...oops!

Well, familia numero uno is a mom and her 5 kids ages 14, 11,10, 6, and 5.  They are an amazing family.  When we teach them I feel like it is all to good to be true. They are all so attentive and prepared :)  When we finished the first lesson we launched in to the whole "You guys actually have to pray about this for yourselves or you are never going to know spiel" and I tried to commit her to pray about our message. Despues que yo dije "Usted orara con su familia para saber si estas cosas son verdad?" su cara cambio y me dijo [After I said, Will you pray with your family to know if these things are true?" her face changed and she said to me:]  "Ok .here is the thing..." When she said that my heart just dropped. I thought, "Oh no, here come the problems," but then she continued, "I already prayed. I have been wanting to talk to you guys for sooo long. My kids go to school right across the street from your church and we would always see you and you would always Salud us [greet us], and I told my kids, "You salud back even though you don't know them." Your church always called my attention but I didn't know how to acercarme [get involved] so I prayed. I prayed and told Heavenly Father that if this was what he wanted for me and my family then I wanted you to come to us. And here you are." 

You can't imagine how close to tears I was. Months without a progressing investigator, and here is this lady with her 5 beautiful children looking,



and longing, and praying for la verdad. [the truth] I then asked her that if she comes to know that this really is what god wants for her and that our message is true, would she be baptized? She turned to her kids and asked them one by one if they wanted to be baptized AND THEY ALL SAID YES and then she said yes! I was so close to tears:) we decided to wait till the next appointment to explain that the 5 and 6 year olds would have to wait a bit. But yah, they made me really happy and I will tell you about the other nuevos later :) I love you guys so much. 

Hna Lambert

Add caption

With Sis. Wolferts and Sis. Sic

A Beautiful Day in Mexico City!

No comments:

Post a Comment